Effective March 14, 2022
- via email or phone; and
- in person at our offices.
Please note that our Site may contain links to third-party websites, such as social media pages. These links are intended for your convenience only. These third-party websites and services are not related to us and may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices. We have no responsibility for these websites or their privacy practices and encourage users to read the privacy policies of all websites they visit.
- Personal Information We Collect
We may collect your personal information when you interact with our Site, mobile applications, with us over email or phone and at physical locations. Personal information is any information that relates to you, identifies you personally, or could be used to identify you including, but not limited to: your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or any other information.
The types of personal information that we may collect about you include but are not limited to: information you provide to us, information collected automatically about your use of our Site and Services, information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, promote safety at our apartment communities and other properties we control, and/or detect fraud.
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us. The personal information we collect on or through our Site or Services may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, email, and phone number.
- Unique personal identifiers, such as SSN or TIN.
- If applicable, loan information, financial statements, and records (and related documents), and required verifications.
- Payment card information, wire instructions, transaction, bank or financial account information;
- Information you provide by filling in forms that we make available.
- Information you provide when you report a problem with our Site or an in-person location, a payment or other transaction with us by email, our Site, telephone, in writing or through other means.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
Information from Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources and combine that information with the personal information we collect directly from you. For example, we may receive payment information from the organization you use to pay us in order to correct our records. Additionally, we may collect credit or identity information, as well as conduct civil and criminal background checks, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud or to assist us in maintaining safety at our apartment communities and other properties we control.
Information Collected from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and prevent or detect fraud.
Information Collected Automatically. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about the type of device you are using, mobile ad identifiers, the time and length of your visit, the website that referred you to our website, and the subject of the ads you click or scroll over.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small web files that a site or its provider transfers to your device’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the site’s or provider’s system to recognize your browser and remember certain information. We use first-party and third-party cookies for the following purposes: to make our Services function properly, to improve our Services, to make login to our Site or Services easier (such as by remembering your User ID), to recognize you when you return to our Site, to track your interaction with the Site, to enhance your experience with the Site, to remember information you have already provided, to collect information about your activities over time and across third party websites or other online Services in order to deliver content and advertising tailored to your interests; and to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Site. The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device until they expire or are deleted.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential because they enable you to use our Site. For example, strictly necessary cookies allow you to access secure areas on our Site. Without these cookies, some Site cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you for marketing purposes. This category of cookies is essential for our Site to work and they cannot be disabled.
- Functional or Preference Cookies. We use functional cookies to remember your choices so we can tailor our Site to provide you with enhanced features and personalized content. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your name or preferences on our Site. We do not use functional cookies to target you with online marketing. While these cookies can be disabled, this may result in less functionality during your use of our Site.
- Performance or Analytic Cookies. These cookies collect passive information about how you use our Site, including webpages you visit and links you click. We use the information collected by such cookies to improve and optimize our Site. We do not use these cookies to target you with online marketing. You can disable these cookies.
Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Sites function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the Site in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the Site and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Site. We also utilize cookies for advertising purposes. Please see the Advertising section below for more information. You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products and services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your device and you will need to answer a challenge question each time you log on. The site may not load or display properly. You also may not receive tailored advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs.
Other technologies including pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIFs: To track the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, or the efficiency of advertisements of Oak Capital or its affiliates, we may use pixel tags (also known as clear gifs, beacon gifs, 1-by-1 gifs, or web bugs). Pixel tags are not visible to the user of the site and consist of a few lines of computer coding. If you are visiting www.oakcapital.co from an advertisement on another site, the pixel tag references the cookie you received when you clicked on the advertisement. The pixel tag then registers this activity to allow us to count the number of times an advertisement is accessed. In addition, we also measure the requests generated from a particular ad. We may use pixel tags in marketing e-mails that helps us send the e-mail in a format you can read and allows us to know which e-mails you act upon. These may be used in connection with some Site pages, downloadable mobile applications, and HTML-formatted email messages to compile statistics about usage and response rates, for fraud detection and prevention, for security purposes, for advertising, and to assist us in resolving account holders’ questions regarding use of our Site. Please see our Advertising section below for more information regarding our use of other technologies.
Flash objects: As part of our solutions for online authentication, we use Flash objects (sometimes referred to as “Local Shared Objects”) to help us recognize you and your device when you come back to the Site. For our pages running Adobe® Flash® content (demos and tutorials with moving content), we use Flash objects to determine your browser type and version of Adobe Flash in order for you to view the content. We do not use Flash objects for any online behavioral advertising purpose. Deleting cookies does not delete Flash objects. You can learn more about Flash objects – including how to control and disable them – through the Adobe interface. If you choose to disable Flash objects from our Site, then you may not be able to access and use all or part of the Site or benefit from the information and services offered.
IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, advertising, for compliance and security purposes and administering the Site. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including but not limited to accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual account holders, may be used for our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
Third party widgets – We may allow certain widgets (e.g., social share buttons) on our Sites that enable users to easily share information on another platform, such as a social media platform. The third parties that own these widgets may have access to information about your browsing on pages of our Sites where these widgets are placed. You may wish to review information at the third-party site, such as social media platforms where you have an account, to determine how these third parties collect and treat such information. Also, see Linking to other sites and Social media sites below.
Retargeting – As you browse https://www. oakcapital.co, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partners, enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with https://www. oakcapital.co and affiliated pages and sites. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number.
Third-Party Web Beacons – We use third-party web beacons from Yahoo! to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. Yahoo! may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by Yahoo! click here or visit https://aim.yahoo.com/aim/us/en/optout/index.htm.
The Facebook Companies – Facebook owns and operates each of the companies listed below, in accordance with their respective terms of service and privacy policies. We may share information about you within our family of companies to facilitate, support and integrate their activities and improve our services. For more information on the Facebook Companies’ privacy practices and how they treat individuals’ information, please visit the following links:
- Facebook Payments Inc. (https://www.facebook.com/payments_terms/privacy)
- Facebook (https://developers.facebook.com/policy)
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/)
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms)
- Instagram LLC TOS (https://www.instagram.com/about/legal/terms/)
- Atlas (https://www.facebook.com/business/measurement/privacy-policy)
- Instagram LLC (http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/)
- Onavo (http://www.onavo.com/privacy_policy)
- Parse (https://parse.com/about/privacy)
- Oculus (http://www.oculus.com/privacy/)
- LiveRail (https://www.facebook.com/audiencenetwork/privacy-policy)
- WhatsApp Inc. (http://www.whatsapp.com/legal/#Privacy)
Your browser may provide you with the option to refuse some or all browser cookies. You may also be able to remove cookies from your browser. You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served on our Site by taking the steps outlined below.
- First-Party Cookies. You can use the browser with which you are viewing this Site to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Site. Also, if you disable cookies other parts of the Services may not work properly. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third-Party Cookies. To opt-out of third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use advertising cookies go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Once you click the link you may choose to opt-out of such advertising from all participating advertising companies or only advertising provided by specific advertising entities. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, please see http://www.aboutads.info/consumers.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. In addition, most web browsers provide help pages relating to setting cookie preferences. More information may be found for the following browsers here:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
- Do Not Track
Some Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, our Site does not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals.
- How We Use Your Information
- Providing the Services;
- Contacting you regarding the administration of the Services you use;
- Responding to your questions or other requests;
- Facilitating financial transactions related to the Services you use;
- Carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Notifying you about changes to our Site, our policies, terms or any Services we offer or provide though it;
- Tailoring your experience on the Services and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit and use the Site;
- Tracking your return visits to and use of the Services;
- Sending you marketing and promotional emails;
- For research purposes, for marketing/promotional purposes and to provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients and business partners;
- Determining which features and services users like best to help us operate the Site, enhance and improve our Services, and display advertising and marketing information;
- Keeping you secure and safe while using our Services, which requires us to process your personal information to combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks;
- Maintaining legal and regulatory compliance and enforcing compliance with our policies; or
- For any other purpose disclosed to you prior to you providing us your personal information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the Services or other related products and/or services requested.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below to notify us of your opt-out preference.
- Sharing And Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share or disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
Service Providers. We may employ other companies and individuals to facilitate our Services (“Service Providers”), provide the Services on our behalf, perform service-related activities or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used. The Service Providers may have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Within Our Organization. We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to provide you with the Services and take actions based on your request, as well as for the purpose of management and analysis. For example, we may share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies to expand and promote our Services.
Corporate Transactions. To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred, and you agree to and do hereby consent to our assignment or transfer of rights to your personal information. To financial institutions and other counterparties in connection with making, holding, financing, and disposing of our investments.
As Required by Law. We may disclose your information without your consent if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of Oak Capital or our customers or partners.
Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any purpose with your consent.
- Communications Preferences
We may send you communications related to your transactions, security, or the administration of this Site to provide our Services to you. We may also send you other messages or updates about Oak Capital, our website, and other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction/security-related communications from Oak Capital, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the communication or contact us where specified in the “Contact Us” section, below.
Please note that “opt-out” and “unsubscribe” requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process and apply, during which time your Information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. Additionally, you should be aware that any Information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt-out or unsubscribe will not be retrieved or rescinded, unless required by applicable law.
- International Transfers of Personal Information
Your personal information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer data, including personal information, to United States and process it there. If you do not want your information transferred to or processed or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should not use our Services.
- Your California Privacy Rights
This section applies only to California residents. Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), below is a summary of the “Personal Information” categories, as identified and defined by the CCPA (see California Civil Code section 1798.140 (o)), that we collect, the reason we collect your Personal Information, where we obtain the Personal Information, and the third parties with whom we may share your Personal Information.
We generally collect the following categories of Personal Information about your when you use our Services:
- Identifiers such as a name, address, email, phone number, your device’s IP address, software, and identification numbers associated with your devices;
- Commercial information such as records of services purchased, obtained, or considered by you;
- Internet or other electronic information regarding you browsing history, search history, the webpage visited before you came to our Site, length of visit and number of page views, click-stream data, locale preferences, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, and system configuration information;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Unique personal identifier (e.g., SSN) may be collected if you link within the Site to transact with us to lease real estate.
- Your geolocation, to the extent you have configured your device to permit us to collect such information; and
- We generally do not collect biometric information, audio recordings of your voice, education-related information, or inferences about your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitudes. For more information about the Personal Information we collect and how we collect it, please refer to Sections 1 and 2, above.
We collect your Personal Information for the business purposes described in Section 3, above. The CCPA defines a “business purpose” as the use of Personal Information for the business’s operational purposes, or other notified purposes, provided the use of Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the operational purpose for which the Personal Information was collected or another operational purpose that is compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your Personal Information are listed in Section 4, above.
If you are a California resident, you have rights in relation to your Personal Information; however, your rights are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information, your account with us or the security of our network systems. To assert your right to know or your right to delete your Personal Information, please contact us by email at [email protected] To verify your identity, we may ask you to verify Personal Information we already have on file for you. If we cannot verify your identity from the information we have on file, we may request additional information from you, which we will only use to verify your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes.
- Right Against Discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your right to know, delete or opt-out of sales.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request in writing: (i) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, email address, that a business has disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. In addition, you have the right to request: (i) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, (ii) the categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected, (iii) the business or commercial purpose for the information collection, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared Personal Information, and (v) the specific pieces of Personal Information we hold about an individual.
- Right to Access. You have the right to request access to a copy of the specific Personal Information we collected about you during the 12 months before your request.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information we have collected from you or maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sales. You have the right to opt-out of any sales your Personal Information. We do not sell any of your Personal Information.
In response to Vermont regulations, Oak Capital automatically treats accounts with Vermont billing addresses as if you requested that Oak Capital not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties, and that Oak Capital limit the information it shares with its affiliates. If Oak Capital discloses information about you to nonaffiliated third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements, we will only disclose your name, address, other contact information, and information about our transaction and experiences with you.
We are providing you this notice pursuant to state law. You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by following the directions set forth above. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: 702-486-3132; e-mail: [email protected].
- Data Security
We are committed to protecting your personal information from unauthorized access and use. To help protect your personal information, we implement and maintain appropriate technical, physical, and administrative safeguards. Access to your personal information is restricted solely to those employees and vendors who need to know that information to provide our Services to you. Our employees receive training to maintain the confidentiality, privacy, and security of your personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
- Protecting Children’s Privacy
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you believe that Oak Capital has received information from a child or other person who is not a majority age in their relevant jurisdiction, please contact us at our e-mail or physical mailing address listed in the “Contact Us” section below and we will take all reasonable efforts to remove the information.
- Protecting Individual Health Information
To the extent that we receive, maintain, or process an individual’s protected health information, Oak Capital may disclose that information as authorized by and in accordance with applicable federal and/or state law.
- Contact Us